IRCD Software Upgrade on January 12, 2013

Any messages from the Staff to the users will be made in this section. No replies are allowed.
Legend
Network Administrator

IRCD Software Upgrade on January 12, 2013

Post by Legend »

Hello all,

I hope everybody's new year is off to a great start!

Chat Solutions is currently running InspIRCD 1.2. Next weekend I will be upgrading all servers to InspIRCD 2.0. The new version includes a variety of bug fixes and security patches. It will be configured the same as the current version, so you shouldn't notice any significant changes.

You are welcome to preview the new version, which is now running on a test server at staging.chat-solutions.org. I've been pretty meticulous in planning this upgrade, but I would appreciate a few extra pairs of eyes. Please let me know about any bugs, missing features, or irregularities that you encounter. Message me here on the board or drop by #help.

If you're technically inclined and want to learn more about the IRCD software, please see the InspIRCD Wiki. The documentation on the Wiki is mainly intended for IRC Administrators, but some of it may prove useful to end users.

Thank you all for your dedication to Chat Solutions over the years. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help make your experience even better.

*** IMPORTANT ***

- The upgrade is scheduled to occur in the early morning hours (PST) of Saturday, January 12, 2013. Please expect to be disconnected at least once, as each server must be rebooted. Downtime should be no more than a couple of minutes.

- If the upgrade conflicts with a scheduled chat that you are hosting during this time, please send me a PM here on the board or via IRC. I would be happy to reschedule the upgrade.

- Channel owners: Channel modes will not automatically carry forward after the upgrade unless they are added to MLOCK. You may either add your current modes to MLOCK before January 12th, or manually set the modes on your channel after the upgrade on January 12th. Either way works. If you need assistance configuring MLOCK, please join #help.

- If you need to make any changes to MLOCK or other settings, please do so at Chat Solutions (not on the test server). The test database will not be merged with the live database.
Legend
Network Administrator

Re: IRCD Software Upgrade on January 12, 2013

Post by Legend »

The upgrade was successfully completed on January 12th at 12:50 AM PST.

If you encounter any issues, please report them in #help.

Have a great weekend!