Vhost request please need help

Request for vhosts go here. All responses will be given via private messages. Note that this is a privilege, not a right.
immortal

Vhost request please need help

Post by immortal »

Hello i'm new here and I needed to mask my hostname in irc so can anyone give me a vhost please?

Thank you!!
Legend
Network Administrator

Re: Vhost request please need help

Post by Legend »

Welcome immortal!

Our servers automatically mask your host when you connect. This is my masked host: chat-solu-f8172a66.wa.comcast.net. Notice how the first part of the host name is replaced with a server-generated string of characters (chat-solu-f8172a66). Some users request a vhost to block out the ISP portion of their host name. Others just like the personalized touch.

What is your nick at Chat-Solutions? The nick 'immortal' is currently not registered. If you wish to use a vhost, you must register a nick first. To register your nick via IRC, type: /msg nickserv register password email address. Once you've registered a nick, I can set you up with a vhost. They're formatted as @whatever.you.like.here.

If you wish to use a vhost, let me know your nick at Chat-Solutions and what vhost you'd like assigned.

Thanks!
immortal

Post by immortal »

Hello,
Thanks for your support and hospitality, I have registered my nick at irc, my nick is 'immortal' and can I have this vhost name ' mithra@B2CEFE15.3F317902.DC0541EB.IP ' . And also will this vhost work when I connect to other networks at irc, I mean will it mask my ISP? Also what is the server name (along with port) that has to be entered to connect to #chat-solutions if suppose I want to connect through X-Chat-2 or mIRC?

Thanking you!!!
Legend
Network Administrator

Post by Legend »

Hey immortal,

I've set your vhost to mithra@B2CEFE15.3F317902.DC0541EB.IP. Next time you sign in, type this command to activate it: /msg hostserv on.

The vhost masks your ISP, but it's only set up at Chat-Solutions. If you connect to other IRC networks that support vhosts, and if you wish to use a vhost on those networks, you'll have to request a vhost separately at each network.

To connect to Chat-Solutions using X-Chat 2 or mIRC, use irc.chat-solutions.org for the server address and 6667 for the port. Most IRC clients recognize this command: /server irc.chat-solutions.org 6667. After you're connected, /join #chat-solutions.
immortal

Post by immortal »

Thank you and also thanks for your kind information.